Thursday, May 26, 2011

First Day High! :>

So, okay. Obvious naman sa title ko na first day ko ngayon pero hindi bilang isang high school student ngunit bilang isang second year college student. High ang nakalagay dun kasi di ko akalain na ganun pala kasaya ang magiging first day ko. I didn't actually expect to have fun on the first day 'cause I was not really anxious nor excited about coming back to school. Anyways, today I met my four new professors.

"Upang mabatid ang tadhana ng isang bayan, lubhang kinakailangang buksan ang aklat na nagsasalaysay ng nakaraan nito."

- Jose Rizal
First was Sir Michael Charleston Briones Chua a.k.a. Sir Xiao. So yang quote na yan, nakita ko sa course syllabus niya. Favorite nya siguro yang quote na yan. Naging prof ko na siya nung 2nd term when I was still a freshman. Kaspil1 naman yun. Ngayon Kaspil2. He is an avid Ninoy Aquino fan. He graduated from The University of the Philippines. He's a historian. He taught in U.P. for about three years but got into some trouble so he had to leave his beloved alma mater. After a few months of being jobless, he was hired by DLSU. And voila! He is now on his third year as a History professor in our university. Personally, I do not like him. I can like him but at the very core of my heart, I don't. He keeps on saying he doesn't have any favoritism in his students kahit pa crush nya yung estudyante pero that's not true. Narealize ko na kapag crush ka ni Sir or tipo ka niya, you have a big chance of getting a very high grade even though you don't do well on papers and stuff. Pero I wouldn't worry about that. Hangga't babasahin mo yung mga readings niya with full understanding at nagrerecite ka paminsan-minsan, pasado ka na sa kanya. I'll survive him. Nakasurvive na ko sa kanya dati eh. Although, he gets on my nerves at times. TEEHEE! >:)

"CARPE DIEM"

Next is Dr. Jeane Peracullo. She teaches INTFILO or in short Introduction to Philosophy. She's a bit weird. She always laughs for no reason. She likes to joke but it's not funny. But still, I like her. I think that she will teach us well. It's important that a professor is great in this subject because Philosophy is a bit complicated as it also pertains to logic. I'm quite hoping that I will be good in this subject. Although it can be a bit boring at times, I have a feeling that what she will teach us will be of good use in the future. I'm just a bit sorry for her 'cause she really tries hard to make us laugh and not be awkward or bored.

"There is a way that seems right to a man but in the end leads to death."
-King Solomon

Thirdly is Mr. Chester Howard Lee. He teaches Experimental Psychology. Now, this is the most difficult subject in this term and also it's my major so it is very crucial that my professor is the best in this field and I also must do good. At first, when he entered the room, I thought, "Ang bata niya pa ata para maging prof." Then he sat down and he looked at us one by one. He had a poker face and so I said, "AY! Mukhang strict ata." Then he went out. He came back after a few minutes. Then he started his lecture. Akala ko it would be boring. But, I was very wrong. He turns out to be a very funny teacher. He told us that he had his first kiss when he was 22 y.o. He loves to make powerpoint presentations out of the blue. I forgot kung ano pa yung iba niyang sinabi. AY! He likes the smell and the feet of a girl. Yun daw ang main attraction niya sa girls. FEET FETISH. He likes to spend his money on neckties and long sleeves. Mahahalata nga sa suot niya kanina. Lol. =)))))) Anyways, I like him. I am now positive that I will be able to understand well his subject dahil sa manner ng pagtuturo niya. Sinabi na niya mismo na mahirap ang subject namin pero he will try his best to make us learn. And for that, I like him already. HAHAHA. Basta. I just know a magaling siya. :)))

Lastly is Mr. Ariane Macalinga Borlongan. He teaches ENGLRES. ENGLRES involves both writing and research which is also very hard. He graduated from DLSU and already has a Ph.D. by the age of 23! Can you imagine that? Grabe. Sobrang hanga ko sa kanya nung sinabi niyang he already has a PH.D. He is a bit feminine, to be honest. Pero still he's cool. He also said na we don't need to buy the book because whatever is in the book, he will teach it two times better. I like him very much. :))

And that was how my day went. I met 4 cool, amazing professors. I am looking forward to tomorrow. I am very much looking forward to this term. Since I have only 18 units unlike last time, I am very much happy not to be too stressed this time. I have early dismissals and the professors are very nice and the subjects are easy to follow. Well, I am hoping for a good start this second year of me being a kolehiyala. HWAITING! :> :> :>

No comments:

Post a Comment