Sunday, May 29, 2011

It's My Second Day, already!

Last May 31 was my second day of being a sophomore. I met the last set of my new professors. Friday is my least favorite ‘cause I go home late during Fridays and both of my lab days are during that day. Anyways, I’ll describe my three professors na. They’re all girls. They’re all in their early and middle twenties, according to my point of view. =))))

First is Ms. Charisse Tan. She looks like a fellow student because of what she was wearing during that time. She wore a dress with a cardigan and some flats, I think. Anyways, our class is from 8am to 11am. It’s three hours ‘cause it’s my lab subject. She teaches Experimental Psychology – Laboratory. So, it means we’ll be doing all our experiments, surveys and everything in her class. She discussed about the course syllabus and the rules we need to abide by in the lab. She asked each of us a topic of interest. We were supposed to do a PowerPoint presentation each based on our topic of interest but since the other room was occupied, we didn’t. YES! So, it means that we were dismissed early. She only took 35 minutes of the whole duration of our class. Our next class was still 11:20 and we got 3 hours to spare so my Jenine, Ezra (my friends) and I decided to go to Ezra’s condo. Our prof just told us to do the Powerpoint presentation at home and we’ll present it next meeting. DAMN! I thought we wouldn’t do it. Good thing my topic was kind of easy. Gender differences. Anyways, I think her subject is kind of tough, ‘cause at the end, we’ll have to come up with our own experiment to do and we’ll have to defend that experiment in front of a panel and that experiment will determine if we can pass or fail her subject. OMG! Parang research lang during high school pero mas mahirap. Anyways, buti nalang by group so it’s still quite okay.

After hanging out sa crib ni Ezra, we headed to our next class. Our next class was PSYCHM1 or in short, General Chemistry. Tinatakot kami nung isa naming friend na baka si quevada daw prof namin. Si Quevada ang isa sa mga pinakaterror teacher sa Chem Department. Tapos worse case scenario pa is nasa harap kami. Kaming tatlo lang nandun. Habang nagaantay, pinagdadasal ko talaga n asana hindi si Quevada. And then, BOOM! Hindi siya! =)))) Isang girl. Bata pa siya. Siguro mga 24-27 years old. She really has a loud voice. So, she handed out the course syllabus at isa-isa niya kaming pinabasa nung mga magiging lessons namin. Hindi naman ako actually natakot sa kanya. I thought she was nice and all. And then, binalaan niya kami. She told us that we really had to work hard to pass Chemistry. Although, parang review lang siya of what we learned during our high school Chemistry, it will still be hard. Her tests are mostly problem-solving ones. SHIT~! Ayoko ng ganun! I actually had the feeling na medyo nakakatakot din siya. And to my disappointment, oo. Tama nga. She is a little bit frightening ‘cause you can’t actually decipher what she’s thinking. Mahilig din siya magbigay ng surprise quizzes to determine if may natutunan kami sa mga lessons niya. Mahilig siya magpa-board work. Yung isa kong friend, ayaw sa kanya. =)))) Anyways, we needed a book na naman for this subject. She told us na yung book nabibili sa bookstore and it costs Php1 100. Effin’ what?!? Wala akong ganung pera so nagisip ako ng paraan. Buti na lang naalala ko na si Marvin, Chemistry major. So, I told him na kailangan ko ng ganitong Chem book and meron siya. WOOOH! Savior ko talaga si Marvin! Makukuha ko sa Monday yung book sa kanya. Sobrang grateful ko talaga sa kanya! THANK YOU TALAGA MARVIN! 

Okay, so last but not the least is yung prof ko sa Chemistry – Laboratory. Habang hinihintay kung sino ang prof namin, nagdadasal na naman ulit ako na huwag sana si quevada. Oo nga pala. Grabeng init sa lab namin. As in walang hanging pumapasok kasi sealed talaga yung room. Isa lang yung bintanang nakabukas. Hindi gumagana yung electric fan at ang tanging way in ng air is yung tatlong pintuan. Grabe. Pa’no kaya pag nag-experiments na kami? Anyways, at last dumating na prof namin. AND, it’s a girl na naman. Newly graduated BioChemistry major. Last year lang siya gumraduate from La Salle din and she’s already a professor. WOW! Imba. Idol ko siya. Ang kulit nga niya eh. Parang mga magkakabarkada lang kami. Pero, strict siya when it comes to grades. May pagka-OC daw siya pagdating dun. So, kailangan pa rin daw naming maging masipag when it comes to experiments. Pero still, I like her. I think I’ll be enjoying my Chemistry Lab. 

So, that was my Friday went. Maaga pala kaming pinalabas nung Chem Lab prof ko since first day naman and wala naman kaming ginawa kundi i-explain lang yung syllabus at mga dadalhin at kailangan for lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment